It is our intention to make the nursery as accessible to children and families from all sections of the local community.
In order to accomplish this, we will:
- Not operate the waiting list for admissions on a first come first serve basis but upon a fairer system.
- Arrange the waiting list in order of Date of Birth, and children are admitted according to their age.
- Prioritise children who have had siblings attend the nursery in the past.
- Keep a place vacant, if it is financially viable, in order to accommodate emergency admissions.
- Describe the nursery and its practices in terms which make it clear that it welcomes Fathers, Mothers, other relations, other carers, including childminders. This includes people from all cultural, ethnic, religious and social groups, and those with or without disabilities.
- Show awareness of all major events in the lives of children and families and in our society as a whole and we welcome the diversity of backgrounds from which they come.
- Be flexible about attendance patterns, to accommodate the needs of individual children and their families.
- Be aware that some children and their families have differing needs, i.e. the structure of the building has wheelchair access.